Friday 22 November 2013

Homemade Santa Sack

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to make a Santa sack for my little one and this is the one I initially wanted to copy (you can buy it here).


I bought a burlap (hessian) sack from Ebay for £4 and some stencils but changed my mind and decided to go for something more colourful instead.

That's when I came across my collection of buttons... Don't ask me why, but I LOVE buttons and I buy them for absolutely no reason. So I decided to finally use them.

I drew a Christmas tree shape on the sack and filled it with buttons using my glue gun. I also stuck a couple of sequins for good measure. To make the snowflake which is on top of the tree, use this tutorial.


To write ChloƩ's name, I cut out letters in felt, cut smaller ones out of fabric and hand stitched the fabric ones on the felt. I glued the lot to the sack.

And because I had some pretty cardboard lying around (I think it's time for me to stop buying materials...), I cut a couple of hearts in them and glued them to the letters. 

Finally I cut two pieces of ribbon and hand stitched one on each side of the sack to close it (though I suspect we'll never be able to do so considering how many presents we've already bought her...). 



I can't wait to start decorating my house for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment