Wednesday 30 October 2013

Christmas Stockings

I have wanted to make Christmas Stockings for a very long time but never got round to doing it for some reason.

I went to the pound shop to get a stocking and traced my pattern from that but there are quite a lot of free patterns online that you could print instead. This one for example is very easy to follow and the stockings are simply gorgeous!



I used 1.5 fat quarter for each stocking and because the fabric I used wasn't quite hard enough, I had to use fabric stiffener on each piece before assembling them.

And here they are! I still need to decorate them and add names but I still haven't decided if I want to cut the names in felt or hand stitch them. Decision, decision...





And you might have noticed that I like these little wooden birds as I used one of them in my heart wreath. I got them from my local craft store but you could get similar ones online.

No comments:

Post a Comment