Thursday 31 October 2013

Felt Headband with Sequins

Today, something downed on me... I want to make our advent calendar this year but because ChloƩ is only a couple of months old she's not going to be able to have chocolate and I therefore need to make her 25 little presents!

Because time is running out pretty quickly, these need to be incredibly easy and quick to make so I've decided to make her a lot of headbands and bows.

Hair accessories might also help people realise she's a girl, something which doesn't seem to be as obvious as I'd like it to be. Even when she's dressed in a pink dress. The reassuring thing is that this seems to happen to all my friends with baby girls. Or most of them anyway...


For this first headband, I use:
- Felt
- Elastic
- Sequins
- A needle
- Some thread
- A glue gun

Measure the head of your child (or yours is you want to make it for yourself) and cut the felt accordingly. Attach the elastic at both end so you now have a band which fit the head of your little one.

All that's left to do is decorate!

I used sequins but you could obviously use whatever you have in your house. Fabric, buttons, beads, anything!

I also made a cute little felt flower (this took me about 30 seconds) and you can watch the tutorial in the video below.

So that's one done. 24 to go....



No comments:

Post a Comment